2.12.2011

Bourbon-Bean Ice Cream; Dessert? YES PLEASE!

I made my very own recipe, adapted from the regular "Vanilla Ice Cream" recipe from my Ice Cream Maker I got for Christmas.  It came out awesome~ my husband loves bourbon, so for Valentine's day, why not have a bourbon-flavored ice cream?!

Ingredients:
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Cups Whole Milk
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Bourbon, boiled down to reduce alcohol
1 Tbsp Mexican Pure Vanilla
1 Vanilla Bean ( I used a Bourbon Soaked Vanilla Bean)
Pinch of Salt

Prepare Ice Cream Maker according to directions
Combine Milk and Sugar in a bowl
Boil off Bourbon and Vanilla Extract on stove, in a pot,  for about 4-5 minutes, or until reduced.
Cool Bourbon in Glass Ramekin placed in freezer
Scrape inside of Vanilla Bean and stir into milk and sugar
Add Heavy Cream to milk mixture
Stir mixture well
Add Bourbon reduction to mixture and pinch of salt
Pour into ice cream maker

Serve with Chocolate Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment