6.23.2011

Spanish Pork!

So I took a break, I needed a break. I found a job, which I love... I took a break from school, from life. But now, I'm back and I'm feeling good. AND I'm cooking again! Hold on to your hats, folks, we've got new tastey recipes and a whole new leash on life!

I made dinner last night for me and hubs, and oh lordy was it tastey. I adapted it from a Clean Eating magazine recipe, and it was the best thing I've had in a long time!

INGREDIENTS:
2 organic redskin potatoes, cut into cubes
1 organic zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
1 medium onion, diced
3 tsp grapeseed oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, mashed and chopped
1 lb extra-lean ground pork (You can sub veggie crumbles or ground turkey)
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 medium tomato, chopped
Juice 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp dried sage
1/2 tsp dried thyme
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Goat Cheese Crumbles for garnish

INSTRUCTIONS:
Fill a medium pot 3/4 with water and bring to a boil. Add sea salt and potatoes, cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for approx. 10 minutes. Check potatoes with a fork to make sure they’re tender, then remove from heat and drain.
Meanwhile, while potatoes are cookin' - sauté zucchini and onion in 1 1/2 tsp grapeseed oil over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring to keep the garlic from burning. Stir in pork(or other meat), garlic salt and paprika. Cook for approx. 10 more minutes, making sure that all ingredients are cooked through, especially the meat. Reduce heat and stir in bell pepper, tomatoes and lemon juice. Cook for another 5 minutes, then turn off heat and cover with lid to keep warm while finishing potatoes.

Gently toss potatoes with remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil. Add sage and thyme and season with salt and black pepper. Place about 1/2 cup potatoes alongside quarter of pork mixture on each plate, then crumble goat cheese over top before serving. The cheese melts into a gooey tastey delicious meal!

Thanks Clean Eating Mag for the baseline and inspiration for this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment