6.20.2011

My Moroccan Chicken with Lentils

I decided to try something different, and found a recipe for Moroccan chicken and gave it a go. This is from the Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook, and I changed some of the recipe to my own desires.
Honestly, I hate dealing with dried beans, and really don't have the time or patience for it. So what if I save $2 by buying them, the $2 is worth my patience.

INGREDIENTS:
3 tsp sea salt, divided
1 can organic lentils
4 TBSP olive oil, divided
1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
3 TBSP ground cumin, divided
2 TBSP chili powder
3 garlic cloves, smashed and minced, divided
1 large onion, peeled and diced
1 LBS skinless, boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley


DIRECTIONS
I put 2 TBSP of olive oil in a skillet with onions and one garlic clove, and cook until slightly brown over medium-high heat. Once this was browned, I added the chicken and remaining 2 TBSP of olive oil. Cook the chicken through. While the chicken is cooking, drain lentils and add to separate pan with vinegar, the other two garlic cloves and cumin. Cook these down to a nice simmer. Then add the remaining spices to the chicken skillet, and coat well. Once cooked through and everything is ready, plate with lentils on the plate, then put chicken on top drizzling a little of the lentil sauce on the chicken. Garnish with your chopped parsley! This dinner takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook, so it is really great for a weeknight!

No comments:

Post a Comment